How to report other income from foreign source?

You can report the income the same way as you report Canadian income, like capital gains, interests, carrying charges. However, for foreign dividends, they should be added to line 12100 (interest and other investment income), instead of line 12000 (dividends). You can also claim foreign tax credit if you paid taxes to foreign government.

Use the following pages:

  1. For interests, foreign dividends and carrying charges, use a made-up slip "Other Investment Income"; How?
  2. For capital gains, use page "Capital gains / losses". Then click "Add gain/loss entry" button. You can combine the transactions and enter total only; How?
  3. For foreign tax credit, you can use page "Foreign Non-Business Tax Credit". How?

Go Back