Why am I asked to file T1135 separately?

Form T1135 is not included in your Income Tax and Benefit Return. CRA has setup a separate service to receive T1135 electronically.
If you are filing a paper return, you can attach T1135 to your income tax return, or mail it separately to:

To file electronically in our software, if you have marked that you had foreign property of more than 100K at Basic Information page, go to the page "File Your Returns", click "File Now", you will see a button on next page to file your T1135.

Go Back